Motorist assaulted and robbed on Fressingfield Road, Metfield after getting out of his car on country road
- Credit: James Bass
A motorist was assaulted and robbed in the middle of a country road after he came across a car stopped in the carriageway.
Suffolk Police say the victim - aged in his 30s - was driving his black Ford Mondeo from the direction of Metfield, near Harleston, towards Fressingfield when he came across a Renault car stopped in the middle of the road.
After waiting for a couple of minutes for the vehicle to move out of the way, he got out of his car and started walking towards it, and at the same time a man got out of the other car and walked towards the victim.
Just then, the victim was pushed from behind by another person and then pushed up against the Renault by the two offenders.
He was punched and struck on the head with an object which left him dazed.
You may also want to watch:
The culprits then stole cash from his wallet and drove off towards Fressingfield.
The victim suffered minor injuries and was taken to hospital for a check-up.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
It happened at around 5.10am on Monday, September 11 on Fressingfield Road.
Anyone who saw a Renault car - believed to be dark in colour - in the area, or who has any information regarding this incident, is asked to contact East CID at Lowestoft on 101 quoting reference 60101/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.