Motorcyclist killed in A47 crash at Scarning was RAF Honington airman
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist killed in a crash was a member of the RAF who had fought for his country.
Senior Aircraftman Tom Pattison died when the motorbike he was riding crashed with a lorry on the A47 near Scarning last Monday.
He was a member of the RAF Regiment based at RAF Honington, in Suffolk.
The Ministry of Defence confirmed his death in a statement and said his death was a 'huge loss'.
A spokesman said: 'SAC Tom Pattison was a member of the Royal Airforce Regiment at RAF Honington.
You may also want to watch:
'His tragic death is a huge loss and our thoughts and prayers are with his partner, family and friends at this very difficult time.'
SAC Pattison lived in the Swaffham area.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 10 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
Police are investigating the cause of the crash which claimed his life.
Anyone with information about the accident should call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.