Motorcyclist in his 20s dies in crash in Brampton
A motorcyclist in his 20s has died after hitting a tree this afternoon.
The man, who was riding a black Suzuki motorbike, is reported to have hit a tree close to Brampton church, near Beccles, on the A145 London Road at 1.20pm.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: 'Officers attended along with ambulance personnel but, after considerable efforts to try and save him, the motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
'The road is currently closed, with diversions in place, while an investigation gets underway.'
The spokesman added: 'We are asking anyone who may have seen the incident, or the motorcycle, which was heading towards the A12, prior to the crash to call PC Andy Smith at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at police headquarters on 101.'
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket