Motorcyclist seen ‘flying through the air’ after crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has described the shocking moment he witnessed a figure 'flying through the air' seconds after a collision which left a motorcyclist being airlifted to hospital.
The crash, involving a Honda Jazz and a KTM motorcycle, happened at 2.50pm on the A149 in Antingham yesterday (Wednesday, September 26).
Graham Jones said: 'We heard a bang and I just saw the motorbike and this figure flying through the air, along the road.
'He finished up about 10 or 15 yards away.
'I got out and I was the first to get to him.
You may also want to watch:
'I went over to the guy.
'He was unconscious and I thought he was dead.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
'His eyes started rolling and he was mumbling. I tried to get him not to move.'
Mr Jones, a former north Norfolk district councillor, said a doctor who happened to be driving by then stopped.
He added: 'I left her to look after him and another chap and I were directing traffic.
'A small van ambulance was there about five minutes later.
'The air ambulance was also out.'
The rider, a man in his 50s, was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) with serious injuries.
Mr Jones said the accident occurred at the junction of the A149 with Antingham Hill.
'It looks as though the motorbike came from Cromer and the car was coming into Antingham Hill and hit the back of it,' he said.
'The driver of car remained at the scene.
'She was distraught.'
Mr Jones said he had given police a statement and was 'anxious' to find out more about the condition of the motorcyclist.
'I feel a connection to him,' he said.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the A149 near Antingham yesterday shortly before 2.50pm.
'A man was transported to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by air ambulance, and another person was treated at the scene.'
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or has any information about the driver of either vehicle prior to the accident, should contact PC Keith Butcher at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101, and quote CAD 262 of Wednesday 26 September.