Motorcyclist seen ‘flying through the air’ after crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has described the shocking moment he witnessed a figure 'flying through the air' seconds after a collision which left a motorcyclist being airlifted to hospital.
The crash, involving a Honda Jazz and a KTM motorcycle, happened at 2.50pm on the A149 in Antingham yesterday (Wednesday, September 26).
Graham Jones said: 'We heard a bang and I just saw the motorbike and this figure flying through the air, along the road.
'He finished up about 10 or 15 yards away.
'I got out and I was the first to get to him.
'I went over to the guy.
'He was unconscious and I thought he was dead.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 6 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 7 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
'His eyes started rolling and he was mumbling. I tried to get him not to move.'
Mr Jones, a former north Norfolk district councillor, said a doctor who happened to be driving by then stopped.
He added: 'I left her to look after him and another chap and I were directing traffic.
'A small van ambulance was there about five minutes later.
'The air ambulance was also out.'
The rider, a man in his 50s, was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) with serious injuries.
Mr Jones said the accident occurred at the junction of the A149 with Antingham Hill.
'It looks as though the motorbike came from Cromer and the car was coming into Antingham Hill and hit the back of it,' he said.
'The driver of car remained at the scene.
'She was distraught.'
Mr Jones said he had given police a statement and was 'anxious' to find out more about the condition of the motorcyclist.
'I feel a connection to him,' he said.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the A149 near Antingham yesterday shortly before 2.50pm.
'A man was transported to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by air ambulance, and another person was treated at the scene.'
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or has any information about the driver of either vehicle prior to the accident, should contact PC Keith Butcher at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101, and quote CAD 262 of Wednesday 26 September.