Motorcyclist “gutted” after prized bike is stolen in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Joe Pitcher
A motorcycle rider is 'gutted', after his cherished motorbike was stolen overnight over the weekend.
Joe Pitchers' motorcycle - a blue Hysoung GT124R - was parked with the steering lock on, outside a friend's home on Lichfield Road, Great Yarmouth, when it was snatched overnight on Saturday.
Mr Pitchers, 19 of Deneside , Great Yarmouth, said: 'When I went outside and saw it was gone I originally thought my friends may have moved it as a joke.
'However, I went to look down some nearby roads and when it wasn't there I realised it had been stolen, so immediately reported it to the police.
Mr Pitchers, a self employed carpenter added: 'I use it every day to get to work, as well as going out in the evening.'
'I'm gutted it's gone, I'd had it for around eight months and had to save up for a fair while to be able to get the money together to afford it.'
Police have confirmed an investigation is ongoing into the theft of Mr Pitchers' motorcycle.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
A spokesman said: 'We are currently investigating reports of a motorbike, which was stolen from the Lichfield Road area of Great Yarmouth between 12.30am and 2.30pm on Saturday, October 15.
'Anybody who has seen anything suspicious in the area, or think they have seen the motorcycle, is encouraged to contact us on 101.'