Motorcyclist dies in collision near Diss
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A motorcyclist has died following a road collision near Diss.
Officers from Norfolk police were called shortly before 7pm on Friday to reports of a collision between a blue and white Suzuki motorcycle and a grey Audi A4 car on High Road in Needham.
The rider of the motorcycle, a man in his 50s, died at the scene.
The driver of the Audi suffered minor injuries, but did not require hospital treatment.
Road closures were put in place, and the road was reopened after the vehicles were recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of driving of any vehicle prior to the incident or may have any dash camera footage of the incident.
Any witnesses should contact Sergeant Peter Howlett of the Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101, quoting reference number 387 of October 26.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre