Motorcyclist caught riding at double the speed limit on A47 in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist will soon be facing a court appearance after being caught doing 100mph on the A47.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing tweeted on Thursday about the rider, who was caught speeding on a stretch of the road with a 50mph limit.
They said: 'Another rider on #A47 is now facing a court appearance as they decide 100mph is more appropriate than the 50 limit! #fatal4 #RCRT #845'
Earlier this month, we revealed how 180 motorists were found travelling at more than 100mph on Norfolk roads last year.
You may also want to watch:
One, driving a Mercedes, was snared by a fixed speed camera travelling at 105mph on the 30mph A1076 Gayton Road in King's Lynn - 75mph in excess of the limit.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 6 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 10 City poised for Maddison cash boost
From Monday, Norfolk police will be targeting speeding drivers as part of a week-long enforcement campaign.
Speeding is one of the so-called fatal four, which also include using a mobile phone, not wearing a seatbelt or drink/drug driving, the four biggest dangers while driving.