Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with ‘serious injuries’ after NDR crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with 'serious injuries' after a crash on the Northern Distributor Road (NDR).
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the Wroxham Road roundabout on the NDR, or Broadland Northway as it is now known, at Rackheath at just after 3.45pm on Sunday (June 23) following a crash between a taxi and a motorbike.
A police spokesman said the motorcyclist sustained "serious injuries" in the crash.
The casualty has been airlifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge by the East Anglian Air Ambulance which landed on a roundabout near to the scene.
A land ambulance and several police vehicles also attended the incident which blocked the road. Emergency services are still on scene with the road either blocked or partially blocked as the incident is dealt with.
You may also want to watch:
People have been urged to avoid the area.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk