Mother of Norwich City shareholder dies
The mother of Norwich City joint majority shareholder Michael Wynn Jones has died at the age of 101.
Dilys Wynn Jones, who was born in Wales in 1910 and died peacefully at her Roydon home on December 21, will be missed by her son and his wife, Delia Smith.
Described as a family woman who could be quite strong-willed at times, Mr Wynn Jones said of his mother: 'She was very interested in things, particularly literature and was very knowledgeable about it.
'A conversation with her was always fascinating and she knew her mind and stuck to it.
'She was very passionate about drama. She directed the school's plays for many years and one or two of her pupils went on to be professionals. She did some quite ambitious things.'
You may also want to watch:
A teacher at New Buckenham before taking on her role at Diss Grammar School and retiring in her early 70s, Mrs Wynn Jones will be warmly remembered for her work at the school.
Mrs Wynn Jones married her husband Edward, who died at the age of 79, in 1938 after meeting him at Aberystwyth university. The couple moved to south Norfolk in 1953, where he became well known as the rector of Tivetshall and of Harleston and Redenhall.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
A keen traveller, Mr Wynn Jones remembers his parents going on some rather adventurous holidays, his mother continuing to do so until the age of 97.
The funeral will be held in Roydon Church on Thursday at 12.30pm.