Morris dancers to tour the county for Norfolk Day
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich based Morris dancing group are set to dance their way around the county for Norfolk Day.
Come Norfolk Day -Saturday July 27 - Golden Star Morris, a traditional Morris dancing group which this year celebrated its 40th anniversary, will be celebrating everything Norfolk has to offer with a dancing tour of north Norfolk pubs.
Kicking their route at The Unicorn in Aylsham, the Golden Stars will then head to The Buckinghamshire Arms at Blickling and The Hop in at North Walsham before heading to The Vernon Arms in Southrepps to dance in the Southrepps Bash around the village hall and church.
In the afternoon they will then head to Trunch to dance at The Crown before finishing their tour at Horseshoes in Alby.
- A day dedicated to celebrating what a wonderful place our county, Norfolk Day will take place on Saturday, July 27. The aim is to get as many individuals, groups and businesses organising events as possible. To get involved email email@example.com, tweet @norfolk using #NorfolkDay or log on to the Norfolk Day Facebook group.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 5 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 6 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 7 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop