More than £5000 already raised to help King’s Lynn firefighter after he was left paralysed on stag-do in Mallorca
- Credit: Supplied
More than £5,000 has already been raised to help a Norfolk firefighter who was left paralysed after a devastating accident on his stag do in Mallorca.
James Thorpe, 28, suffered a broken neck after falling while walking into the sea, just three hours after arriving on the Spanish island.
The full-time firefighter, who is based in King's Lynn, is due to get married on June 24. His family and fiancée have flown out to be by his side.
Simon Burch, a firefighter based in Dereham, set up a Just Giving page to help assist his friend's recovery which has already raised £5,050 (and counting) - surpassing the £5000 target.
The initial £1,000 target was reached within about 30 minutes of the page going online.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thorpe, who lives in Boston, is also believed to be getting help from the British Consul in Mallorca, His marriage will take place in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
If you can help, visit https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/James-thorpe?utm_id=107&utm_term=mXp8WkEZ8
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail