More than 300 people have completed the latest Gorleston parkrun.
- Credit: Archant
Saturday saw the 409th Gorleston parkrun with 310 participants completing the 5km event, which took in scenic clifftop views.
Parkrun volunter Richard Knibb said: 'There were many new faces here too for this run, 20 of which were here for the first time.
'There were 310 finishers this week, just 10 off our largest field to date.
'Parkrun isn't a race but a timed run and it showed this week with 63 new best times for the distance and 204 runners completing the 5Km seafront circuit inside 30 minutes.'
The first male to finish was Darren Barnes in 18m 20s and the first woman was Heather Marshall in 21m 27s on her inaugural Gorleston parkrun.
Celebrating his 70th parkrun on his 70th birthday was John Bound, joined by his sister Linda Phillips on her 250th run. For information visit www.parkrun.org.uk/gorleston/
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars