More than 300 people have completed the latest Gorleston parkrun.
- Credit: Archant
Saturday saw the 409th Gorleston parkrun with 310 participants completing the 5km event, which took in scenic clifftop views.
Parkrun volunter Richard Knibb said: 'There were many new faces here too for this run, 20 of which were here for the first time.
'There were 310 finishers this week, just 10 off our largest field to date.
'Parkrun isn't a race but a timed run and it showed this week with 63 new best times for the distance and 204 runners completing the 5Km seafront circuit inside 30 minutes.'
The first male to finish was Darren Barnes in 18m 20s and the first woman was Heather Marshall in 21m 27s on her inaugural Gorleston parkrun.
Celebrating his 70th parkrun on his 70th birthday was John Bound, joined by his sister Linda Phillips on her 250th run. For information visit www.parkrun.org.uk/gorleston/
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch