More than 30 vehicles damaged by vandals in Lowestoft spree
Police are seeking witnesses after more than 30 vehicles parked in a Lowestoft street were scratched by vandals.
A large number of vehicles parked in London Road South had paintwork scratched about 3am yesterday morning (Sunday, March 6).
'Enquiries by officers revealed that a man had been seen walking south along the road scratching the cars with a sharp implement around 3am,' a spokesman for Lowestoft police said. 'Unfortunately police were not called at the time.'
Police are keen to trace a white man, in his late teens to early 20s, of small build, with short brown hair who was wearing a pale blue or grey top – possibly a jumper – and blue jeans.
'It's thought that in excess of 30 vehicles in a stretch along one side of London Road South from the Rectory Road junction may have been damaged,' the police spokesman added.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen the incident or anyone with information about who the offender is to call PC 1247 Beavers on 01986 835300.
Officers are also urging anyone noticing any suspicious behaviour to call police immediately using 999.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000