More details on diversion routes for work on Oulton Broad gas mains
- Credit: Nick Butcher
More details have been released on diversion routes for the planned works on the ageing gas mains in Oulton Broad.
The scheme is due to start on February 20 and is planned to finish by Easter.
National Grid said the existing metal gas mains in Bridge Road are nearing the end of their operational life and must be replaced to ensure people have access to safe and reliable gas supplies.
The works will see the gas mains replaced between the Shell service station in Normanston Drive, passing by Oulton Broad North railway station, to Oulton Broad library in Bridge Road.
To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently, Bridge Road will become a temporary one way system. Northbound traffic - heading into Lowestoft - will be diverted via four alternative diversion routes. Southbound traffic - heading out of Lowestoft - will remain on Bridge Road, but on the opposite side of the road.
You may also want to watch:
The four diversion routes are as follows:
Diversion starting from Bridge Road - Bridge Road, Saltwater Way, Victoria Road, Waveney Drive, A12, Belvedere Road, Pier Terrace, Denmark Road, Peto Way and Normanston Drive.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
Diversion starting from Beccles Road/Cotmer Road - Beccles Road, Cotmer Road, Elm Tree Road, Tom Crisp Way, Belvedere Road, Pier Terrace, Denmark Road, Peto Way and Normanston Drive.
Diversion starting from Beccles Road/Castleton Avenue - Beccles Road, Castleton Avenue, Tom Crisp Way, Belvedere Road, Pier Terrace, Denmark Road, Peto Way, Normanston Drive.
Diversion starting from Commodore Road - Commodore Road, Bridge Road, Saltwater Way, Victoria Road, Waveney Drive, A12, Belvedere Road, Pier Terrace, Denmark Road, Peto Way, Normanston Drive.
Some parking bays in the area will be temporarily suspended.
Gas service pipes to properties in Holly Road and some properties in Harbour Road, Commodore Road and Mizpah Cottages will also need to be replaced, and work will take place just across the junction from Harbour Road at weekends to minimise disruption to deliveries.
Residents are reminded they should ask to see official identification from any engineers seeking access to their properties. To verify their identity call 0800 096 5678.