More bridge closures planned as work at A47 Postwick Hub continues
- Credit: Mike Page
Further overnight closures of the original bridge over the A47 at Postwick will take place next week to allow surfacing work to be carried out as part of the major junction works that are nearing completion.
The bridge will be closed to all vehicles from 8pm to no later than 6am on the nights of Monday, November 23, Tuesday, November 24 and Wednesday, November 25.
The next two nights, Thursday and Friday, may also be used if work has not been completed.
Traffic will be diverted via the new bridge over the A47 and the Postwick Hub access roads.
The A47 itself will not be affected beyond the normal restrictions through the Postwick road works.
The off-peak closure of the old bridge to southbound traffic will continue through next week between 9.30am and 3.30pm.
Norfolk County Council has apologised for any inconvenience caused by these closures.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 5 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 6 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 7 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 8 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers