Model railways to go on show near Southwold
Thousands of enthusiasts will converge for East Anglia's biggest model railway exhibition this weekend.
The annual Southwold Model Railway Exhibition – the biggest event of its type in East Anglia – will take place at St Felix School in Reydon, near Southwold, tomorrow and Sunday.
Now in its 25th year and regularly attracting more than 2,500 visitors, the show caters for all aspects and levels of modelling interest, from toy trains to fine-scale modelling. Hornby Magazine will have a stand at the event and Richard Spendlove, long-serving BBC local radio presenter and creator of the 1990s television comedy Oh, Dr Beeching, will be the exhibition's special guest on Sunday.
The event, organised by the Waveney Valley Model Railway Club, will open from 10am-5pm on Saturday and 10am-4.30pm Sunday.
Admission is �5 for adults, �4 for seniors and �3 for children. There is free car parking available.
You may also want to watch:
• See www.waveneyvalleymrc.150m.com for more information.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction