Model railway club welcomes visitors to annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The intricate world of model railways was showcased at an annual exhibition last weekend.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Narrow Gauge Modellers held the event at Barsham and Shipmeadow Village Hall on September 9, with attendance slightly up on last year and many families enjoying the event.
The exhibition included around seven different layouts for visitors to admire, with some of the displays provided by members of the group.
Club member Richard Doe said: 'We had some good feedback on the day from those who had visited, with favourable comments on the variety of exhibits on show and the tasty homemade refreshments on offer.
'The group would like to thank all those that supported the event and we are pleased to be able to donate £200 to the new indoor toilet appeal for Barsham and Shipmeadow Village Hall.'
The group's next meet is at the village hall on Monday, October 2, from 7pm to 10pm.
For more information visit www.nsngm.org.uk
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment