Model contest at Great Yarmouth Market Gates Shopping Centre sees smiles galore
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of children, teenagers and adults have given their best smiles and twirls as they took part in a model contest in Great Yarmouth's Market Gates Shopping Centre.
The Modelsearch competition is finding local people to be the stars of a Market Gates Shopping Centre marketing campaign.
On Wednesday a panel of judges, including this paper's chief reporter Anthony Carroll, judged the four age categories of the contest.
There will be a male and female from each section chosen to then model clothes from the store and one overall winner will then be selected for a VIP model shoot in London.
The categories were four to six years, seven-10 years, 11-15 years and 16 plus.
You may also want to watch:
The oldest person to take part was a woman aged 36.
Participants were chosen after two casting sessions where held earlier at the centre, with more than 250 entries. The eight winners will be told next Friday.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab