People hurt after bus leaves road to avoid hitting mobility scooter
- Credit: PA
Several people were hurt after a bus was forced to swerve off the road to avoid hitting a mobility scooter.
Lynxbus' service between Hunstanton and King's Lynn was forced off the road on Lodge Road in Heacham at about 10.25am on Monday morning.
Police were called to the scene, where several passengers had suffered minor injuries that a police spokesman described as bumps and bruises.
Although initial reports led police to believe the scooter had been hit, on arrival they found a crash had been avoided, but the bus had left the road.
Police left the scene at 11.44am.
You may also want to watch:
The 9.50am service suffered severe delays.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks