People hurt after bus leaves road to avoid hitting mobility scooter
- Credit: PA
Several people were hurt after a bus was forced to swerve off the road to avoid hitting a mobility scooter.
Lynxbus' service between Hunstanton and King's Lynn was forced off the road on Lodge Road in Heacham at about 10.25am on Monday morning.
Police were called to the scene, where several passengers had suffered minor injuries that a police spokesman described as bumps and bruises.
Although initial reports led police to believe the scooter had been hit, on arrival they found a crash had been avoided, but the bus had left the road.
Police left the scene at 11.44am.
The 9.50am service suffered severe delays.
- 1 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 6 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 7 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 8 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 9 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 10 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe