Group of children find missing pensioner in woodland area near Norwich
A group of children have found a vulnerable pensioner who was missing from his Norwich home.
Roger Pearson, aged 78 and of The Avenues in Norwich, was reported missing on Monday afternoon.
He had been going for his usual daily walk which takes him on a route around Christchurch Road and the Ipswich Road area, but he failed to return home.
Officers had been concerned for his welfare and described him as a vulnerable.
The police helicopter was used as part of the search for Mr Pearson on Monday night and people took to social media to spread the word about his disappearance, urging people to keep an eye out for him.
You may also want to watch:
But it was children walking through a woodland area near Colney Hall, nearly three miles from his home, who located Mr Pearson yesterday afternoon.
Norfolk Constabulary has thanked the public and the media for their assistance with this appeal.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab