Missing John Gladstone, who failed to return to a low secure hospital in Ipswich, has been found
- Credit: Archant
A man who failed to return to a low secure hospital ward and sparked a police search in south Norfolk has been found.
John Gladstone, aged 34, was on 'town leave' from the ward in Ipswich, leaving at 7.30am on Tuesday, November 1.
He had conditions to return to the unit by 3.30pm the same day but failed to do so.
After a week missing, Suffolk police officers were called by a member of the public at 8.20am today reporting a man matching his description being seen walking along the A134 between Culford and Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds.
Officers found Gladstone in Fornham St Martin an hour later and returned him to the hospital.
Police had thought Gladstone, who had robbery and firearms convictions and was on life licence, was camping out in the Diss area.
He had been seen at a Thetford shop on Monday.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 7 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 8 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today