Major search underway as elderly man goes missing along vast Norfolk beach
- Credit: Archant
A major search for a 75-year-old man who went missing while out on a walk with his family along a Norfolk beach will continue this morning.
A 999 call was received yesterday reporting the man who was last seen around 5.10pm yesterday (Saturday, June 16) on Brancaster beach, heading towards Titchwell from Brancaster.
HM Coastguard initially sent the Hunstanton and Wells Coastguard Rescue Teams along with the lifeboat from Hunstanton.
The HM Coastguard search and rescue helicopter was sent from Humberside to join the search. Norfolk Police officers were also involved.
Jordan Grebby from HM Coastguard said: 'An extensive search was carried out across the Brancaster and Titchwell area overnight.
You may also want to watch:
'The Coastguard rescue teams searched the land and sea front while the lifeboat took on inlets and creeks and the helicopter shoreline and creeks.
'At just before 2am today that search was suspended but is now underway again.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
Norfolk Police and the Coastguard Rescue Teams, along with the Wells inshore lifeboat are now continuing the search for the missing man.