Staff from Great Yarmouth and Waveney charity make festive donation to local foodbank
- Credit: Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind
Staff from a mental health charity have celebrated Local Charities Day with a donation to a local foodbank.
Workers from Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind delivered hampers of food and toiletries to the Salvation Army's foodbank in Great Yarmouth to celebrate the occasion.
Philip Eke, chief exectuive officer of Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind, said: 'At Mind, we heavily promote how eating a healthy diet can do a lot to improve your mood and sense of wellbeing.
'We were keen to take part in Local Charities Day, so donating to our local foodbank seemed like a great way to celebrate.
'Foodbanks are key to meeting the needs of people in crisis within the community.'
You may also want to watch:
David Lennox, of the Salvation Army, said: 'We would like to thank the staff at Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind for their kind donation.
'Donations like this have enabled us to help more than 4000 families already this Christmas.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre