Million pound sports pitch nears completion
- Credit: South Norfolk Council
A much anticipated £1.2 million improvement project is nearing completion at Kett's Park in Wymondham.
Sports groups will soon be able to use the new multi-purpose, artificial pitch, laid to replace its often waterlogged grass predecessor.
Jonathan Pyle, at South Norfolk Council, confirmed the new artificial turf had been laid and was in the process of being 'ironed out' before its official opening in January.
The new surface will be ideal for an array of sports and fitness activities and available to use year-round, due to the fact it is fully floodlit and weather resistant.
South Norfolk Council Cabinet member Yvonne Bendle said the project was testament to the council's commitment to help residents take care of their health and wellbeing 'no matter the weather'.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'This is really exciting news for the residents of Wymondham and surrounding villages.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft