RAF Mildenhall serviceman killed in motorcycle crash is named
- Credit: Archant
An American serviceman who died after a crash at the weekend has been named by police.
Adam Naber, 24, of Qua Fen Common, Soham, was killed in a collision on the A142 near Soham around 5.30pm on Sunday after the motorcycle he was riding left the southbound carriageway.
Mr Naber was part of the 352nd Special Operations Wing at RAF Mildenhall and the base paid tribute to the maintainer.
Colonel Matthew Smith, 352d Special Operations Wing commander, said: 'On June 17, 2018 at approximately 5.30pm, staff sergeant Adam Naber tragically lost his life in a motor vehicle accident.
'SSgt Naber was a valued member of the 352d Special Operations Aircraft Maintenance Squadron and will be sorely missed.
'An accident investigation is ongoing, and a memorial service is being planned, details of which will be released at a later point in time.
'Please keep SSgt Nabor's family and friends in your hearts and prayers as we move through this very difficult time.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
Police are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the vehicle in the moments leading up to it.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.