Mildenhall school receives language accreditation
- Credit: Archant
A school has been recognised for its strong foreign languages teaching.
Great Heath Academy in Mildenhall has received the Bronze Linguamarque accreditation following an assessment of the quality of teaching and learning.
Staff at the academy have worked to embed French language into the curriculum, with a French lunchtime club started where children can explore books, create posters and use their own French vocabulary.
Steven Vincent, academy principal, said: 'Our pupils have found Linguamarque very motivating and they are now confident in their languages ability and focused on learning new skills.
'It's fantastic to see and hear pupils exploring languages in class and around the academy.
You may also want to watch:
'Teachers and pupils have been really enthusiastic and are continuing to practise and develop their language skills as we progress our journey to Silver'.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars