Mildenhall pedestrian hit by car dies
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A pedestrian who was knocked down by a car while walking in a car park has died almost two months later.
Jean Elliott, 84, of Scott Avenue, Mildenhall, was walking in the town at about 11.15pm on March 21 when the accident happened.
Emergency services were called to the scene at the scout headquarters, off St Andrew's Street.
The woman was knocked down by a Honda Jazz car.
She was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds with serious leg injuries but died on Monday this week.
You may also want to watch:
Police would now like to hear from anyone who was in the car park and saw the crash. Anyone with relevant information should call PC Jason Lambourne on 101.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 10 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout