Mikey is back at his Attleborough home
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
He is a small bundle of happiness who is firmly back in the loving arms of his parents after being born nine weeks early.
Mikey Joyce made a dramatic entrance into the world on New Year's Day weighing 4lb 5oz and was the first baby born there in 2015.
He had to be rushed to the intensive care baby unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
But now battling Mikey is back at his Attleborough home and being fussed over by his parents, Gemma and Matthew Joyce, of Norwich Road.
Mikey, who now weighs 5lb 6oz, was due to arrive in the world on March 3 but his mother's waters broke at her home on December 29.
You may also want to watch:
Hospital staff stopped her labour and gave her two steroid injections before Mikey was born two days later. He spent 19 days at the hospital, where has was placed in an intensive care baby unit and put on feeding tubes and given help to breathe.
Mrs Joyce, 29, said: 'It was hard to see him in the hospital like that but all the staff were marvellous.'
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder