Midsomer Murders gets a Norfolk twist in new Cluedo board game
- Credit: PA
It may be set in Britain's bloodiest county, but Midsomer Murders is about to get a very Norfolk twist.
A new Cluedo board game based on the ITV series, set in Midsomer county, has a new fictional character – and the woman playing her is from Norfolk.
Hannah Radenkova, 29, was chosen as new character Nikita Fenchurch, a local psychic, by a panel of judges, after she sent a photograph of herself looking the part to a competition on the Midsomer Murders Facebook Page.
The new game follows the same format as the TV programme, with the deadly deeds taking place in the county of Midsomer and features key cast members from the show.
It is the first time members of the public have featured in Cluedo.
Two other new fictional characters were also chosen – the village vicar and the pub landlord.
Miss Radenkova, who lives with her parents in Punsfer Way, Tilney St Lawrence, near King's Lynn, said it would be strange knowing that her face was on one of the playing cards.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 3 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 6 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 7 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 8 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 A Hunstanton institution closes after almost 50 years
She said: 'I have always watched Midsomer Murders, and always loved crime dramas.
'I used to watch them with my nan when I was little. I was following it online, and my friend showed me the competition, which I thought was really fun, so I gave it a go.
'All I had to do was decide which of the three characters I wanted to be.
'I did not look like the other two, so I went for the psychic.
'I dressed up for the picture at home. It all feels a bit surreal, but it will be a good dinner party story.
'I did play the original Cluedo and I have told my friends that I will be available for a Cluedo box signing.'
Miss Radenkova used to be an illustrator for children's textbook manuals but has suffered from ME for more than three years, and needs to take constant rests.
She currently blogs about her condition at superpooped.blogspot.com
Born in London, she grew up in west Norfolk and went to school in Marshland St James. After university she worked for an agency in London, before returning to Norfolk.
Midsomer Murders Cluedo is available to buy from February 5 exclusively from Amazon.