Foodbanks thank public for continued generosity amid virus
- Credit: PA
A Norfolk foodbank has thanked people for their continued generosity through the coronavirus outbreak.
Mid Norfolk Foodbank has thanked people for their support both with food donations and gifts of money despite the restrictions caused by Covid-19.
Dave Pearson, project manager for the foodbank, said: “We have been greatly encouraged by the continued support for the foodbank from the local communities around Dereham, Swaffham and Fakenham since the start of the coronavirus crisis.
“Despite some food shortages people have continued to make donations and where that has not been possible they have made money donations.”
The three foodbanks will remain open for those who need food in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
If you need food but can’t get to the foodbank ring Dave Pearson on 01362 850624 and they will try to help you.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 9 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 10 Water outages hit homes across city