Foodbanks thank public for continued generosity amid virus
- Credit: PA
A Norfolk foodbank has thanked people for their continued generosity through the coronavirus outbreak.
Mid Norfolk Foodbank has thanked people for their support both with food donations and gifts of money despite the restrictions caused by Covid-19.
Dave Pearson, project manager for the foodbank, said: “We have been greatly encouraged by the continued support for the foodbank from the local communities around Dereham, Swaffham and Fakenham since the start of the coronavirus crisis.
“Despite some food shortages people have continued to make donations and where that has not been possible they have made money donations.”
The three foodbanks will remain open for those who need food in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
If you need food but can’t get to the foodbank ring Dave Pearson on 01362 850624 and they will try to help you.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel