Memory Walk returns to Lowestoft to raise funds towards dementia
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People are being encouraged to support a popular event that is helping to raise funds for research into dementia.
There is still time to be part of the fourth annual Lowestoft Memory Walk, which will be held tomorrow.
With a call going out to everyone affected by dementia, it is hoped more people will turn out to join the walk and help raise further funds – after almost £10,000 was raised last year.
Co-organiser Jo Wilde said: 'Hundreds of people in our area have seen their lives touched by dementia in family members and friends.
'This is their chance to get out there and raise some money to support the work of the Alzheimer's Society, and to share stories and have some fun in the process.
You may also want to watch:
'It's the fourth year the walk has taken place and the numbers taking part have increased each year. More than 100 joined us in 2015 and we are expecting even more people on Sunday. We are also hoping to top the £9,918.97 we raised last year.'
Registration is at 10am tomorrow with the walk from the Royal Green in Lowestoft to be started at 11am by the town's mayor Nick Webb.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Businesses and organisations locally are also being encouraged to support the event by taking stalls costing just £10 each.
Details of how to take part can be found via the Facebook page www.facebook.com/Lowestoft-Memory-Walk-25th-Sept-2016-1070431756308752/
Sponsor forms are available at Lowestoft Library or visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MW16jowilde to donate online.