Memorial service for lollipop lady who loved her job this Friday
- Credit: Archant
A memorial service for a former lollipop lady will be held this Friday.
Pat Forder was well-known in Wymondham as a lollipop lady at Browick Road Primary and Nursery School for more than 25 years.
The service will be held at Wymondham Abbey at 12pm on August 3, which would have been her birthday, followed by a buffet and refreshments at the Abbey hall.
The grandmother was 81 when she died of pneumonia, and was living in a nursing home in Bath near her son.
Joan Roberts, 80, was a fellow lollipop lady in the years following the millennium.
Mrs Roberts said: 'She was just a really friendly lovely lady who always smiled. She had ill health and had to quit, she was really sad about that because she loved her job.'
Mrs Forder volunteered for Rosedale Bereavement Support Group and The Big C charity shop in Wymondham, the latter of which people can donate to in her memory.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm