Memorial service for lollipop lady who loved her job this Friday
- Credit: Archant
A memorial service for a former lollipop lady will be held this Friday.
Pat Forder was well-known in Wymondham as a lollipop lady at Browick Road Primary and Nursery School for more than 25 years.
The service will be held at Wymondham Abbey at 12pm on August 3, which would have been her birthday, followed by a buffet and refreshments at the Abbey hall.
The grandmother was 81 when she died of pneumonia, and was living in a nursing home in Bath near her son.
Joan Roberts, 80, was a fellow lollipop lady in the years following the millennium.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Roberts said: 'She was just a really friendly lovely lady who always smiled. She had ill health and had to quit, she was really sad about that because she loved her job.'
Mrs Forder volunteered for Rosedale Bereavement Support Group and The Big C charity shop in Wymondham, the latter of which people can donate to in her memory.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk