Memorial bench to remember ‘dearly loved’ Daniel
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family of a popular man tragically killed in a road accident have raised money for a bench in his memory.
Daniel Casteleiro died on August 23, 2014 when his silver Renault Clio left the road and ended up on its roof at Parkhill in Oulton.
To commemorate his life, friends and relatives organised a charity beard shave earlier this year which raised £1,580.85.
A bench has now been installed at Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.
Daniel's aunt, Maria Barwick, said Mr Casteleiro is 'dearly loved and missed every day'.
You may also want to watch:
Cousin Jayson Bond added: 'For me I would rather visit the bench than go to a church or the crash site as they are quite difficult places to visit.
'It's much nicer to sit here and remember good things as the park is less daunting and brings back memories of when Daniel and I would come here when we were younger.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 4 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 7 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 8 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 9 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
- 10 Filipino fried chicken chain Jollibee to open Norwich branch