Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- Credit: Archant
Council officers have closed an investigation into a food poisoning complaint lodged against a Norwich takeaway.
Norwich City Council confirmed they were looking into a complaint against the business and following an inspection of the premises, the food complaint process had been closed.
The complaint will be recorded against the business for future reference and a full report of the inspection released in due course.
The takeaway's manager Erkan Gulbahce denied the claim and insisted all of its food is cooked properly.
He said an inspection took place on Thursday afternoon with the takeaway receiving a rating of three from an inspector, improving from a one-star rating in December.
He said: "We make sure the chicken is cooked properly.
"There have been lots of improvements here."
Following the closure of the investigation, Chéri Howard, Zayne's mum, said: "To be told due to them not having any other complaints of the food on that day [the complaint is closed], it only takes one item of food to cause this."
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 8 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK