Meet some cute canines at Dogs Trust Snetterton annual fun day
- Credit: Archant
There will be a chance for people to meet some cute four-legged friends when a Norfolk dog rehoming centre holds its annual fun day this weekend.
Dogs Trust Snetterton is holding the yearly event at its rehoming centre in North End Road, Snetterton on Sunday, June 4.
Highlights of the day include have-a-go agility, a grand raffle, giant tombola and games for all the family - including those of the four-legged variety, who may even be able to win their very own rosette in the fun dog show.
The event will host an adrenaline-fuelled demonstration from the highly-entertaining Lowestoft Dog Agility Team and there will also be a chance to visit the current residents at Dogs Trust Snetterton looking for a permanent home.
However, one of the main goals of the event is to raise crucial funds for the animals in Dogs Trust's care.
You may also want to watch:
Paige Langton, supporter relations officer at Dogs Trust Snetterton, said: 'Our fun day is a fantastic opportunity to meet local dog lovers and raise pounds for the homeless hounds in our care.
'There are all sorts of fun activities planned throughout the day, so please come along and support Dogs Trust Snetterton. We can promise you a really fun day out for all the family.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
'The prize raffle plays a huge role in the day. Previously, there has been an array of stalls selling anything from home-made doggy treats, leads and harnesses to local food and drink and trinkets for the home.
'Previous years have seen over 2,000 people attend and we're expecting the same, if not more, visitors this year - so it's a great opportunity to join in the fun with two and four-legged friends.'
Entrance to the event is free and car parking is £5 per car, with £1 for every vehicle being donated to the Wymondham 1986 ATC Squadron for their help with parking at the event.
For those who would like to donate items for the raffle, take prizes to the Snetterton rehoming centre.
For more details about the fun day, call the charity on 0300 303 0292 or email Kate Brewster and Paige Langton, supporter relations officers, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org