Meerkats and snakes among the stars at Weybourne’s annual family fun day
- Credit: Archant
A 12ft python, a bearded dragon and family of meerkats were among the attractions at Weybourne's annual family fun day, held on the village playing fields at the weekend.
The event, which has been organised for more than 15 Years by Weybourne Community Fund committee members and volunteers, included a 'meet the animals' tent run by Mitch and Hazel Price of Ely-based zoo Animal Experience, as well as children's games, a disco, charity, craft and food stalls, a car boot sale and a fun dog show with categories ranging from best rescue pet, to best 'oldie'.
Community Fund secretary Peter Rose said that, as well as raising cash for village good causes, the fun day aimed to offer a great day out for local people and holidaymakers alike.
He added: 'We try to keep that traditional feel of a country fair but, by adding new events each year, I think it is something that appeals to all the family.'
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 4 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 10 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough