Medals galore for Diss air cadets
Diss air cadets are celebrating after winning a host of medals and awards.
On May 20, cadets from 1070 Diss Sqn ATC took part in the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Athletics Tournament at Bury St Edmunds.
Eighteen cadets from Diss ATC were involved in various events and won a total of nine medals between them.
Sandie Faulkner, sports officer, said: 'I am so proud of all the cadets, they worked so hard for weeks leading up to the event, and they gave everything they had. Not only did they win nine medals, they made me very proud and represented Diss tremendously'.
The cadets also had a night to remember on May 26 at the Park Hotel in Diss where their annual summer ball was held.
Three cadets were promoted; Sgt Harley Crisp to Flt Sgt, Cadet Duly to Cpl and Cadet Connor Faulkner to Cpl.
Other awards given on the evening were: Cadet of the Year: Flt Sgt Paige, Most Promising Cadet: Cdt Roberts, Sports Cadet of the Year Cpl Evie Huddlestone, RAFA Award for Community work: Cdt Connor Faulkner, Best Newcomer of the Year Male: Cdt Pettengal, Best Newcomer of the Year: Cdt Grimley.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash