Mayor of Thetford attends anniversary of twin town
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Thetford made a trip to France to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the town's twin.
In addition to it being the anniversary of Les Ulis being founded, it was also the 20th anniversary of the two towns becoming twinned.
Councillor Terry Jermy attended the celebrations in the town, which is located about 14 miles south-west of Paris, which included a sound and light show.
Mr Jermy said: 'It was quite the celebration. It was amazing.
'The sound and light show showed the journey over the 40 years and how the town had developed over that time. It was really interesting.'
You may also want to watch:
At a civic meal, Mr Jermy presented the Mayor of Les Ulis, Françoise Marhuenda, with a paperweight from Langham Glass which was engraved with Thetford's crest. Mr Jermy received an engraved vase on behalf of the people of Thetford.
Mr Jermy added: 'I went to Les Ulis when I was 11 on a school trip and I went back as the mayor of Thetford which was surreal.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
The vase will be presented at the full council meeting on February 28.