Mayor and reeve to host annual civic service in Bungay
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Bungay's annual civic service will take place at St Mary's Church this Friday at 2pm.
The service is hosted annually by the town reeve, Mary Sprake, and town mayor, Mary Matthews, who will lead a procession from the council offices in Broad Street to the church for the service, which will be led by the Rector, the Rev Ian Byrne.
Civic leaders from around Suffolk, as well as town councillors and members of the Bungay Town Trust and representatives of town organisations will take part in the procession.
The service will be followed by a reception for the guests at Jesters of Bungay at the Castle visitor Centre.
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend the service, which is an important part of the civic year in Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
•Have you got a Bungay story? Email the details to email@example.com
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut