Mayor and reeve to host annual civic service in Bungay
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Bungay's annual civic service will take place at St Mary's Church this Friday at 2pm.
The service is hosted annually by the town reeve, Mary Sprake, and town mayor, Mary Matthews, who will lead a procession from the council offices in Broad Street to the church for the service, which will be led by the Rector, the Rev Ian Byrne.
Civic leaders from around Suffolk, as well as town councillors and members of the Bungay Town Trust and representatives of town organisations will take part in the procession.
The service will be followed by a reception for the guests at Jesters of Bungay at the Castle visitor Centre.
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend the service, which is an important part of the civic year in Bungay.
•Have you got a Bungay story? Email the details to email@example.com
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm