Mayday: RNLI launch largest fundrasing campaign in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution has launched it's biggest fundraising campaign of the year outside of The Forum, Norwich.
Mayday, which runs throughout May, is the biggest push by the charity to raise money for equipment for volunteer lifeboat crews.
This years target is to raise £750,000 which would pay for 117 full crew member kits, 3496 pairs of wellies, 9375 pairs of gloves and 409 life jackets.
Members of the public had the opportunity to talk to lifeguards and vehicle lifeboat crew about their roles as well as the chance to get a closer look at a flood rescue vehicle and a mock up of a Shannon Class Lifeboat.
The RNLI have already been busy raising money this year, with £1045 raised in Hoventon over the Easter weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The event was held outside of the Forum on Millennium Plain from 10am till 4pm. With donation boxes and yellow welly pins sale.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk