Mattishall homes scheme is reduced in size
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A scheme for eight homes on the outskirts of a village near Dereham has been submitted to planners.
The proposal is a significant fall in the number of houses originally being considered for the site next to South Green farm in Mattishall.
Consultation took place to find villagers' views on a scheme for 25 to 30 homes off Welborne Road.
In a design and access statement submitted to Breckland District Council on behalf of the applicant the agent, CwP Architectural Services, states that after a negative response from villagers it was decided to reduce the size of the scheme.
The statement said: 'From the public consultation response we did have some consultees express that they would support the proposal if the scheme was smaller and made less impact on the local community.
You may also want to watch:
'With this in mind the applicant decided to reduce the number for this application and concentrate on a smaller much more sustainable proposal.'
Should the scheme be given the go ahead three of the homes would be affordable and all eight would be built to the Passive Haus standard of energy efficiency.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
The development would accessed from Welborne Road and 22 parking spaces would be provided.
The design and access statement acknowledges that a number of proposals have been put forward for the Mattishall area.
It said: 'We feel that any proposal put forward should consider the local feeling and the objections raised particularly around the potential highways issues and the highlighted lack of infrastructure in place to cope with a large increase in the population.'
As previously reported, villagers have formed an action group in Mattishall against plans for 90 homes on a greenfield site.
What do you think of the Mattishall homes plan? Email firstname.lastname@example.org