Matthew Hancock MP expresses support for threatened Brandon day centre
- Credit: Archant
Matthew Hancock has expressed his solidarity with users of a day centre which has been threatened with closure at the end of the year.
The West Suffolk MP visited the Brandon Day Care Centre to meet with staff and service users,
The centre in Warren Road, managed by Orbit, is scheduled to close at the end of December due to falling user numbers.
Mr Hancock said: 'The centre plays a massive part in supporting people in Brandon who without it would have nowhere else to turn. It supports some very vulnerable people and gives much needed respite to many who spend their lives caring for loved ones.
'It was originally built with funds raised by the people of Brandon and needs to stay open. I will do everything in my power to save Brandon Day Centre and would urge the whole community to get behind our much loved centre.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'