You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- Credit: PA
What are you so scared of Matt Hancock?
There are 200 props keeping the roof from falling in and finally yesterday you went along to take a peek. Perhaps now health secretary you understand how serious the problem is?
Because you've ducked and dodged our questions about it for months. Your staff wouldn't even accept a petition signed by 6,000 people demanding action.
It is disrespectful to those 6,000 voters that you tried to sneak in and out of the QEH without facing the Eastern Daily Press.
Earlier this week we discovered Boris Johnson thinks you are hopeless. I reckon those 6,000 EDP readers and many more agree with him.
No-one expects you to wave a magic wand and the hospital is fixed. We are not children, Mr Hancock. We just expect ministers of state to be accountable.
It is time to stop chickening out and publish an action plan for the QEH - maybe prove the prime minister wrong?
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 5 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 8 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Police ask neighbours to turn in inconsiderate parkers in new crackdown
I don't have much hope - and I doubt the people of King's Lynn do either.