You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- Credit: PA
What are you so scared of Matt Hancock?
There are 200 props keeping the roof from falling in and finally yesterday you went along to take a peek. Perhaps now health secretary you understand how serious the problem is?
Because you've ducked and dodged our questions about it for months. Your staff wouldn't even accept a petition signed by 6,000 people demanding action.
It is disrespectful to those 6,000 voters that you tried to sneak in and out of the QEH without facing the Eastern Daily Press.
Earlier this week we discovered Boris Johnson thinks you are hopeless. I reckon those 6,000 EDP readers and many more agree with him.
You may also want to watch:
No-one expects you to wave a magic wand and the hospital is fixed. We are not children, Mr Hancock. We just expect ministers of state to be accountable.
It is time to stop chickening out and publish an action plan for the QEH - maybe prove the prime minister wrong?
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
I don't have much hope - and I doubt the people of King's Lynn do either.