Masterminds behind Bia Kitchen to open first-ever vegan cocktail bar and restaurant in Norwich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The team that brought tasty vegan street food to Norwich are set to open the city's first vegan cocktail bar and restaurant.
Cheryl Mullenger and Michelle McCabe, owners of market stall Bia Kitchen, have this week announced that in June they will open a second venture called The Tipsy Vegan.
Located in the heart of Norwich's historic Lanes on St Benedict's Street, the new establishment will serve up a selection of vegan small bites and hearty meals along with a host of bespoke cocktails, wines and local brewery beers.
Between them, Mullenger and McCabe have 25 years' combined experience in hospitality, health and fitness and are intending to take a simple approach to the new business - serving healthier, freshly made food that's full of flavour and also happens to be vegan.
Miss McCabe said: 'We've both spent a huge amount of time developing and experimenting to find delicious substitutes to animal-based products.
You may also want to watch:
'As a result, we've found some pretty exiting combinations of ingredients that work particularly well in classic casual dining, the dishes vegans usually can't indulge in.
'At The Tipsy Vegan you'll never see a mushroom risotto or a ratatouille on our menu - only the most comforting classics that taste exceptionally different.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
Miss Mullenger added: 'Norwich is more than ready for its first-ever vegan-only restaurant and cocktail bar. We're unbelievably excited about what we have in store. Absolutely everything in our restaurant will be vegan including our Chesterfields.'
The opening of the new eatery and cocktail joint comes within just eighteen months of the pair serving up their first signature BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Bap at Bia Kitchen in December 2015.
The Tipsy Vegan will serve comfort food and social drinks and will be open for brunch, casual lunches, dinner and cocktail get-togethers will small bites.
Opening hours will be Wednesday to Saturday evenings and all day for brunch at the weekend.
For more information visit facebook.com/thetipsyvegan