Martham carnival even better than last year
- Credit: Archant
The Martham Carnival has been hailed another big weekend success.
Organiser Bob Warnes said: 'Last year's event set a bench mark which we thought would be hard to match. But, this year's was even better.'
Mr Warnes said there was a steady start on Friday night and Saturday was so busy the bar nearly ran out of supplies.
For the evening's so-called 'Marthambury' he said the crowds poured onto the green to listen to the Diabolics, the Full Measure and the Counterfeit Brits.
He added: 'The carnival parade on Sunday was amazing everyone put so much effort in and it really showed.'
You may also want to watch:
First prize went to the Sports and Social club with a Jungle Book float, second was Flegg High's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory float and third went to Norwich Star Wars Club's stormtroopers.
The winner of Martham's Got Talent was Leah Robinson, 12, who sang Dolly Parton's Blue Smoke.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us