A look back in pictures to a splash of colour and fun
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Men dressed as women, women dressed as men - and children dressed as adults.
All manner of fun at carnivals held in Martham over the years and we've stepped back to our picture archives of 2002, 2004 and 2005.
One thing applies to all the pictures everyone is smiling enthusiastically whether taking part in activities or watching the procession. Do you recognise anyone?
And the event continues to this day - this year's is from June 29 to July 1 on Martham Green.
It is described by organisers as 'A weekend of fun for the whole family! A variety of stalls to browse, delicious food and drink, live music and lots more entertainment for all ages to enjoy. We have a fun packed weekend planned. It's definitely an event to pop in your diary! You don't want to miss this!' See Martham Fun Carnival page on Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?