Car flips as driver swerves to avoid baby owl
- Credit: Archant
A car flipped onto its roof as a driver swerved to avoid a baby owl.
The single car crash occurred on the B1152 in Martham this morning (Saturday, March 7).
Fire crews from Martham and Great Yarmouth were called to the scene at 4.25am, with the crew making the scene safe and assisting the police.
The driver was passed onto the care of the ambulance service, although Norfolk Police said the driver and owl escaped without injury.
Taking to Twitter with a photograph of the owl, officers at Great Yarmouth Police said: "RTC this morning causing by this little fella.
You may also want to watch:
"Luckily no injuries and the owl is safe."
Scratby Bakery, on Beach Road, confirmed the bakery would be closed today following the crash.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 9 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 10 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
In a post on Facebook, they said: "We will not be open today due to having an accident on way to work.
"Swerved to avoid a baby owl on road and ended up in field on roof."