Marina Theatre in Lowestoft unveils new season brochure
- Credit: Archant
From top musicals to exciting family performances, there is something for everyone to enjoy as a Lowestoft theatre's new season brochure has been unveiled.
The new Marina Theatre brochure features some exciting acts for next year – with highlights including Beyond The Barricade, Guess How Much I Love You and The Chicago Blues Brothers.
Numerous top shows have been announced by the charitable trust for the new brochure, which runs from November 2017 to May 2018.
A number of top shows are also returning by popular demand including Whitney – Queen of the Night on March 17, The Elvis Years on March 25, Showaddywaddy on April 13 and the Bowie Experience on April 14.
Strictly favourite Giovanni Pernice returns on April 27, with Think Floyd back in Lowestoft on April 28 and Menopause The Musical returning on May 4.
Among the exciting family performances are Milkshake Live! on March 18, Guess How Much I Love You on March 27 and 28 and Brainiac Live! on April 11. Top music acts include The Chicago Blues Brothers on March 29 and Islands in the Stream.
Other highlights include Rich Hall's Hoedown on March 1, Beyond The Barricade on March 16 and Swan Lake from the Vienna Festival Ballet on March 31.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 3 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 8 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 9 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
Privilege card holders have an exclusive booking period from Wednesday, October 11, with shows going on general sale from 10am on Friday, October 20 with patrons encouraged to purchase a Privilege Card to ensure they secure the best available seats.
Also announced are three concerts from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - as part of their 2018 season residency at the theatre. A Night at the Movies can be enjoyed on June 22, Last Night of the Proms on September 14 and A Night at the Symphony on November 16.
Further details have also been revealed about the theatre's new Up Stage Programme, which is specially designed and curated to enhance the experience of selected performances and screenings. Places on these workshops are limited to 20 spaces, with workshops planned for The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Beyond the Barricade, Swan Lake: Vienna Ballet, Julius Caesar (screening) and A Night at the Movies from the RPO.
In October next year the theatre will also be celebrating 30 years since it re-opened its doors and it is inviting all customers to join their year-long celebrations.
For more details, visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk or call the box office on 01502 533200 to book.