Worried dog walker rang police after falling for 'creative' mannequin prank
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A dog walker called police after spotting what appeared to be half a body stuck in a Norfolk hedge – but it turned out someone was pulling their leg.
King's Lynn Police said they were called by a dog walker in Wretton, near Downham Market, after they saw the "suspicious item".
But once officers arrived as the scene, they soon discovered that what looked like the bottom half of a man kneeling in a hedge was, in fact, part of a mannequin.
It had been dressed up in a pair of blue jeans and black trainers, and was realistic enough to concern the dog walker.
In a tongue-in-cheek Twitter post, King's Lynn Police said: "No two days are ever the same in our job.
You may also want to watch:
"If you're missing a set of mannequin legs after being creative, they are with us at Downham Market Police Station!"
- 1 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 2 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 3 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 4 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 People urged to get Covid test twice a week
- 9 When do some of Norfolk’s most popular attractions reopen?
- 10 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named