Mancmillan Cancer Support to attempt charity quiz world record with Norfolk groups and businesses
A Norfolk charity is attempting to set a new world record for the most simultaneous quizzes ever held.
Macmillan Cancer Support is looking for local groups and businesses across the county to host a 'Mammoth Quiz' on Friday, February 24.
The charity hopes the quiz night will not only raise funds for its cancer services, but also make it into the Guinness Book of Records.
Macmillan's fundraising manager for central and North Norfolk, Max Griffiths, said: 'We are really excited about our Mammoth Quiz and we are hopeful lots of businesses and organisations will sign up to take part to help us set a world record for Macmillan.
'The quizzes can be held anywhere, from the local pub or bowling club to a local factory, office or school.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a really nice way of raising some money while having fun with friends, family or work colleagues.
'And let's face it – most of us like the chance to show off our general knowledge skills.'
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
It costs �10 to register, with every host receiving a quiz pack, information about fundraising and some balloons and banner.
Locally Macmillan already funds community nurses, specialist nurses, information services and grants to those living with cancer.
For more details, contact Anna Webb on 01832 274075 or email@example.com, or go to www.macmillan.org.uk